Really great day at hyde park today - worship felt deep and Pastor's message was so "right on" - I really felt God was moving in the place.
- This morning felt like the official ending to summer. All of the crowds felt increased - there was definitely an excitement among the people.
- So great to have James back on the drums this morning! We've been praying for him a lot around here. After some medical setbacks from a recent surgery James called me last week and said, "if you want me to play this weekend, I think I'll be able to...". Out of all hyde park attenders there aren't many that I go back as far with as James - He was great!
- Last nights, "Nite of Laughter" was a huge success - were you there? Jerry and Amy are a delightful couple and they were non-descriminate in the way that they picked on us all. They had a good time with Keyna and I meeting a Taco Bell.
- Next time we have something like that I would suggest that you find a way to make it!
- big props to John and Donna Selph for handling the serving side of "Nite of Laughter" - ya'll did an awesome job! Big props to those of you who made yummy treats.
- Next time somebody better get mike p some cheescake (i'm just sayin...)
- "ONE" Service next Sunday - 10am - be early, it's gonna be a big day!
- Praying today for a pastor friend in another town whose church is in a time of confusion and lack of direction. It's amazing how satan uses "christians" to divide the body of Christ. In my conversation with him I found myself amazed that believers who are supposed to be mature don't understand the concept found in Hebrews 5:11-14, 6:1-3. I've read this and read it - asked Pastors for their explanation of what it means and they all say the same things: Many times, instead of literally applying the teachings of Jesus to their lives, growing in personal holiness (and the application of His righteousness) and helping to teach others they would rather go over and over concepts they should know by now.
- I am SO THANKFUL to be a part of a church that for the most part understands this concept!
- I appreciate our Pastor. His heart for people - his heart for hyde park - most importantly his heart for Jesus. He so clearly showed us his heart this morning in his message "Lost and Found". If you didn't hear it check it out on the free download or podcast (usually up by Monday afternoon).
- Did you meet Andy Smith this summer? Andy was the leader of our summer kidz program, "SuperHeroes". Andy announced to the kidz this morning that he was gonna be around for awhile amidst loud cheers from them - THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM and he loves them! Great job this year, dude! Glad you're sticking around - we need your positive spirit around as you lead young people to place their faith in JESUS!
You know, today was one of those days that, after 3 worship services, you think about all you've seen and experienced and you just wonder what more you could've done to help people "enter-in". There were so many moments when you just felt like God was drawing people in, yet, there was a resistance to "meet Him there" - I don't know, maybe it was just me.
I look forward to a day when people will "WholeHeartedly" abandon their pride in the area of corporate worship. A day when people will literally leave their seats during singing and just come to the stage (yes, during worship) because they have a desire to "be one" with the people on the stage. A day when we will sing, "and I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe to the One who gave it all" and we can literally, passionately cry out to Him together, going to a place that seems to be otherworldly... an honest place of worship and abandonment of others perception of our worship. In this environment, unbelievers will experience the presence of JESUS in an unmistakable way - our worship will be a witness.
Sometimes, when I'm onstage I find myself praying in my spirit while I sing, begging God to draw you out of that place of fear - that place of worrying what others would think "if you got lost in worship" - "I want to lift my hands and just go to that place, but what would my husband/wife think" or "if I actually do what my heart is telling me, the people around me are gonna look...". I don't know how to lead people out of that other than to say
Obedience in public, corporate worship is a next-step to a deeper walk with Him - It's amazing how "free" you can become in many spiritual areas when you express how you feel about Him in public.
I wanna go deeper - I will be challenging YOU over the next few months to go deeper - let's take this journey together. My love to all of you.